The cold has returned and so have my cravings for super soup!
What you’ll need:
- 2 small tubs of cherry tomatos
- 2 red onions chopped roughly
- 1 large carrot chopped roughly
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 500ml wheat/gluten free stock cube – I used Kallo veg stock in this case.
- 1 cup of pre-cooked red lentils/puy lentils
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Basil pesto – to serve
- Preheat you oven to 200 degrees C.
- Put your tomatos, onions, carrots, garlic. sweet potato and chilli into a roasting dish with some olive oil and season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 mins – until the carrots have lost their firmness.
- Now in a large saucepan, add the roasted veg, 500ml stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato pureé and sugar and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Blitz the contents of the pot with a hand blender, taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Add the cup of pre-cooked lentils to the soup, stir and serve while hot with a drizzle of homemade basil pesto* on top.
Hope this warms you from your head to your toes.
*See my recipe for homemade pesto on the blog 🙂