These are great as a pick me up or a snack on the go.
The benefits of eating almonds are (almost) never ending. They help build strong teeth and bone and they provide great energy. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium. Also, them being a significant source of protein and fiber, while being naturally low in sugar is a huge bonus – I can’t really praise them enough!
Eat them plain, drink almond milk,use ground almonds in baking or smoothies or try roasting them like I’ve done today. They have a subtle flavour naturally so when roasting them you can afford to be as adventurous as you’d like. I chose sweet with a bit of a kick but you could use any herb or spice that tickles your fancy!
- 1 large bag of whole raw almonds
- 3 tbl honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil/olive oil
- 1 tbl chilli powder
- large pinch of sea salt
- baking parchment
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper.
- Grease the paper with the oil of your choice and the back of a spoon (if using coconut oil put the tray in the oven for a minute to melt it slightly.)
- Pour the almonds onto the baking tray.
- Drizzle the honey, chilli powder and salt over the almonds and coat.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the almonds out evenly so as they don’t stick together.
- Bake for 15mins.
- Let to cool on the baking tray and then store in an airtight container.
These are my favourite treats to take to the cinema.
- Lemon zest, Honey and Ginger(Ground)
- Rosemary and Seasalt
- Paprika and Cumin
- Honey, Vanilla and Cocoa