Crumble is king of deserts in my mind. I’ve experimented with lots of different wheat and gluten free versions and this one is by far my favourite.
Instead of flour and butter I use, ground almonds, gluten free rolled oats, coconut flour and coconut butter, so its packed with protein and antioxidants – makes you feel a LITTLE better about desert.
So even if you like yours after a Sunday roast, or just with a cuppa – this should go down a treat.
For 6 servings:
- 5 medium pears peeled and chopped roughly
- 4 large pink lady apples peeled and diced (any apples you have lying around will also do
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh mixed berries – I like rasberries, loganberries and blackberries.
- 180g unrefined cane
- 150g ground almonds or almond flour
- 150g GF oats
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 100g coconut butter
- 1 handful flaked almonds – optional
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees
- Pour pears, apples, berries and 80g cane sugar into an oven proof shallow dish.
- Mix together and put into the oven for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the ground almonds or almond flour, the oats, vanilla extract,remainder of the cane sugar and coconut butter into a bowl.
- With your fingers mix this till the mixture resembles a crumble texture.
- Take out the fruit mixture from the oven after 5 mins and pour the crumble evenly on top. Sprinkle the flaked almonds on top if using them.
- Bake for a further 25minutes until the crumble is a golden brown colour.
- Serve warm or cold.
Winter is over and Spring is certain,