The other day I made pancakes and had a craving for nutella but as I’ve started training to enter a charity kickboxing match – the real stuff was out of the question.
So, I decided to make my own.
I use agave syrup and roast my own hazlenuts which means it’s low Gi and rich in Magnesium, vitamin B6 and vitamin E.
I’ve also started putting a spoon of it with some natural yoghurt and banana as an after dinner treat. Yummmm!
As it’s packed with nuts which are a source of healthy fat – it’s best to keep the portion sizes to 1(or 2) Tbls.
Serves: makes about 2 cups
- 2 cups (8 ounces) hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup agave syrup or ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut or hazelnut oil
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond/koko milk
- On a tray pour the hazelnuts out evenly and roast for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Take out hazelnuts and put into a clean tea towel while still hot.
- Rub the nuts together in the tea towel till their skins begin to peel off.
- Once peeled, add the nuts, melted coconut oil, agave, cocoa, vanilla,koko milk and salt into a blender.
- Blend on a low power for 3 minutes
- Turn up the power and blend till the paste becomes shiney and smooth.
- Pop into an airtight container and it will keep refridgerated for 7 days.
- Enjoy your guilt free treat!
Summer is here….I love May!