Everyone that has a gluten allergy or intolerance knows that finding or making a great gluten free bread can be a hard task to master. This one however, is by far the easiest bread recipe I have ever come across. It comes out like a loaf of irish soda bread and you’d never guess there was no flour at all!
All you need:
- 1 500g tub of natural yogurt (Keep the tub to measure out the oats)
- 2 full tubs of gluten free oats
- 2 teaspoons of gluten free bread soda
- a dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 standard sized bread loaf tin
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Pour the yogurt into a large mixing bowl.
- Fill the now empty yogurt tub with oats twice and add to the bowl.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir well.
- The mixture is quite dense and hard to stir, but that’s the consistency you’re looking for.
- Get a bread loaf tin and grease it with a little butter or oil of your choice.
- Fill the bread loaf tin with the bread mixture and pack into every corner.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes (Or until a dark golden brown colour)
P.s you can vary this as much as you dare, using seeds or mixed fruits.I made a lovely banana bread with this as a base last week, you just need 2 mashed up bananas a little vanilla and some extra honey – yum!
Enjoy the sunrays,